Updated: February 2018
Earthbound Kids day camp was founded on and designed around our philosophy that children require a loving, nurturing and secure environment in order to thrive. Our goal is to provide the highest quality camp and educational programs that build a strong foundation for shaping children.
As an operator of OCA accredited camp, Earthbound Kids is responsible for delivering services that promote the health, safety and welfare of the clients being served. Earthbound Kids is accountable to the OCA, specific to demonstrating that our service delivery is consistent with relevant legislation, regulations and/or policy.
In fulfilling our mission, Earthbound Kids strives at all times to provide its programs, goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our programs, goods and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in a similar way as other participants.
Earthbound Kids is committed to excellence in serving all participants, including people with disabilities and we will carry out our functions and responsibilities in the following areas:
1. Goods and services will be provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence to all customers.
2. The provision of services to persons with disabilities will be integrated wherever possible.
3. Persons with disabilities will be given an opportunity equal to that given to others, to obtain, use or benefit from the goods and services provided by and on behalf of Earthbound Kids.
4. We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
5. We will train staff and volunteers on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities. The training will include the following information:
– The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
– How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device, require the assistance of a service animal or support person.
– How to use equipment to help people with disabilities to access goods and services as well as what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing those goods and services.
6. Training will be provided to each person according to his or her needs and duties and as soon as it is practicable after he or she is assigned the applicable duties. Training will be provided on an ongoing basis in connection with changes to policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities. A record of the dates on which training is provided and the number of individuals to who it is provided will be kept.
7. We will ensure that people are permitted to use their own personal assistive devices to access all areas that are permissible within the context of Earthbound Kids.
Communication, Use of Support Persons and Service Animals
- Earthbound Kids will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that takes into account their disability.
- Earthbound Kids is committed to welcoming people who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter Earthbound Kids with his or her support person.
- Earthbound Kids may require a person with a disability to be accompanied by a support person when in a Company facility, but only if a support person is necessary to protect the health or safety of the person with a disability or the health or safety of others in the facility. If an amount is payable by a support persons for admission, or otherwise, to a premise, Earthbound Kids will ensure notice is given in advance about the amount.
- Earthbound Kids day camp offers additional support services for children who require these services for a fee of $100 for a 1:3 staff to child ratio in addition to standard camp fees and a fee of $300 for a 1:1 staff to child ration in addition to standard camp fees.
- We are committed to welcoming people who are accompanied by a guide dog or other service animal at Earthbound Kids that are open to the public and other third parties.
- If a person with a disability is accompanied by a guide dog or other service animal, Earthbound Kids will ensure that the person is permitted to enter an Earthbound Kids facility with the animal and to keep the animal with him or her unless the animal is otherwise excluded by law. Where a service animal is excluded by law, Earthbound Kids will ensure that other measures are available to enable the person with a disability to obtain, use and benefit from the Earthbound Kids goods and services. The service animal must be under the care and control of the individual at all times.
5. Notice of Temporary Disruptions
Earthbound Kids will provide participants with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, the anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be delivered to participants by means of the following:
- Notice physically posted at the site of the disruption
- Notice by verbal communication, phone, email.
- Notice on Company Website
6. Feedback Process
The ultimate goal of Earthbound Kids is to meet and surpass expectations while serving participants with disabilities. Comments on our programs, goods and services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated. We accept feedback from the public in a variety of methods including:
- In person
- Feedback Forms
All feedback is reviewed by the Directors. Complaints are investigated and follow up is provided to the customer if requested. Confidentiality will be respected.