Our instructors provide an enjoyable and, positive learning experience incorporating games and fun activities into the lesson plans. Horses and ponies in our program are gentle natured and experienced with all levels of riders. Our Saddle Skills Camp is for ages 8 to 13 yrs. Participants must be able to walk and trot independently without a leader. In this camp, riders will be challenged a bit more with exercises, such as posting trot, navigating over poles and around obstacles, memorizing patterns.
Saddle Skills features:
- Qualified riding instructors
- 135 x 80’ Covered riding arena
- Outdoor fenced sand & grass riding rings
- Experienced horses and ponies
- English riding equipment, all with safety stirrups
- Stable management & horsemanship opportunities
- Helmets available for rent (for your camper’s use ONLY)
- Arts & crafts, garden activities and small animal demonstrations
- Recreational free swim (NLS lifeguards on duty)
- Use of all playing fields, courts and ball pits
Saddle Skills (8 to 13 years old)
Participants must be able to walk and trot independently without a leader. In this camp, riders will be challenged a bit more with exercises, such as posting trot, navigating over poles and around obstacles, memorizing patterns.
It is highly recommended that campers have completed at least two weeks of Saddle Camp (or equivalent riding camp) or are currently enrolled in a weekly riding lesson program.
- Arrival / Horse-play (9:00 am to 9:30 am)
- Wash up & snack
- Grooming & tacking
- 45-minute Riding lesson
- Lunch Time (12:00 pm to 1:00 pm)
- Stable management
- Wash-up & snack
- Recreational swim
- Home-time/free-play (4:00 pm to 4:30 pm)
Camper/Counsellor Ratio: minimum of 1 counsellor for every eight children. While on horse-back the ratio of staff to riders is 1:5.
Schedules are examples of a typical day, actual activities vary from day-to-day.
Clothing and Equipment
All riders must wear:
- ASTM approved helmet (helmets are available to rent)
- Long pants and riding boots OR boots with a small heel (Rainboots are acceptable as long as they have a 1.5cm heel)
- Rental Helmets are reserved for your child’s use ONLY throughout the week – the cost is $15+HST
Other items to bring to riding camp include:
- Shorts, sweatshirt or rain jacket
- Running shoes, extra socks
- Sun hat, sunscreen and water bottle
- Bathing suit, flip flops and towel
Coronavirus Safety Protocols
In order to ensure the safety of campers and staff, our 2022 camps will follow public health recommendations and the Province’s emergency orders, COVID-19 precautions. Learn more about the protocols that will be in place to reduce the spread of the virus here.
Summer Saddle Skills (8-13 yrs):
- Week 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 – $500/week
- Week 6 – $400/week